IPEC Europe sets its agenda for the next five years
IPEC Europe's board has responded to member feedback in our recent survey and drawn up a document detailing its priorities over the next five years.
The intention of this 'Agenda 2020' document is to provide a high-level view of IPEC Europe's strategy as our organisation fulfils its mission of serving as a hub for stakeholders across the field of pharmaceutical excipients and creating value for our members.
IPEC Europe's Board has created a strategy around eight key pillars that will help guide the activities of our organisation in the coming years.
The pillars are:
- Knowledge sharing around excipients - with an emphasis on regulatory and scientific/technical aspects;
- Monitoring regulations and preparing IPEC guidance via our working committees and task forces;
- Contributing to compendial harmonisation through cooperation with pharmacopoeias and the Pharmacopeial Discussion Group (PDG);
- Supporting and advancing the objectives of the IPEC Federation to help provide a unified voice on key issues affecting pharmaceutical excipients;
- Increasing the visibility of IPEC Europe as the voice excipient suppliers via increased collaboration with other stakeholders, such as other relevant industry associations and non-governmental organisation (NGOs);
- Optimising the use of communication tools such as our e-newsletter, website, webinars, social media and other IT tools;
- Continue our investment in infrastructure and support, which has already led to the creation of our dedicated office in Brussels; and
- Continue to grow our membership among both excipient suppliers and users and make sure existing members' expectations are being met.
The Agenda 2020 document will be ready for download from IPEC Europe's website shortly.